Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

3/28/10 Real love for Me


Judges 4; 1 Corinthians 13

1 Corinthians 13: 8-10 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears

Paul wrote this to the Corinthians because even though they were a rebellious people they needed to know that no matter what, they were loved. They held on to what they learned in school and what they were taught but didn't realize that all knowledge, all material goods will pass away when Jesus comes.

Many people try to act better and be better because of what they know but the only thing they need to hold on to is the love that God gives. My brains won't get me into heaven, my looks, my money, my clothes, my car or makeup won't get me close to God but only my heart and if its filled with love. Real patient, kind, non judgemental love.

Lord,
Thank you for your unconditional love for me. I am a sinner but i want to love like you love. Teach me everyday more and more
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: