Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Deny, Take, and Follow


Numbers 28, 29; Mark 8

Mark 8:34-38 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 35For whoever wants to save his lifec]">[c] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? 37Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? 38If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."

There's a couple of things to truly think about and then have to do when you decide you will follow Jesus with your whole heart:
1. Deny yourself
- deny temptations
- deny what your flesh wants and live wholly to the spirit
2. Take up the cross
- sacrifice yourself
- sacrifice your body
- sacrifice your reputations
- sacrifice your life on this earth
3. Follow Him
- follow his commandments
- follow His word
- follow His law

Why would anyone want to do this?
Because when we deny, take and follow Christ will save our lives from the hell that this world can bring and the hell that is trying to devour our soul.

There are so many people out there that don't understand the power of heaven and hell and the battle for our lives. All God wants is for us, for me not to be ashamed to proclaim who He is to others. At times when the unashamed gets near the ashamed they bring a power with them and can allow the ashamed to feel the authority to rise up and change sides.

Lord,
Thank you for allowing me to be on the right side of the battle. You have always shown me the truth in you and in your word. Forgive me for ever thinking that the other side is slightly better Father, you know my heart, you know where i lay my alliance. You are my God, my shield, and my power.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: