Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Alias


Joshua 18-20; 1 Corinthians 9

1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
Paul was a cultured man which is why i think Jesus chose him to spread the gospel. He knew Paul could speak, eat, preach to any type of person. There are certain people we will listen to therefore God chooses universal disciples.

v.19 Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible

Paul became a slave a rejected, confused man to walk a slaves path. He learned how they live to be able to share the gospel in a way they could understand.

v.20-22 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some

So God is basically saying - be what you need to be to save souls. When Jesus ate with prostitutes, liars, killers, did he become one? No, but he spoke at their level.

Don't matter that i have a college education i am not to be at a college level with people who only have high school and under education level.
I am not to be only one person - but all people to save them.
Do what i need to do to save souls.

Lord,
Thank you for bringing me into this work because you are teaching me not to be one but to be many. I am to be who you call me to be at that moment. I will walk your path and do your will. Lead me Lord
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: