Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lead not into my temptation


Joshua 7-8; Psalm 69; 1 Corinthians 5

Joshua 7:13 Get up! Command the people to purify themselves in preparation for tomorrow. For this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: Hidden among you, O Israel, are things set apart for the Lord. You will never defeat your enemies until you remove these things from among you.

Everyday is a battle. there are people, things, situations that can lead us into temptation but unless we don't get rid of our hidden sinful desires we can never please God. Achan stole which led to God not helping the Israelites. Time was wasted because of his sin. He wasn't honest with his hidden sin which led to a massacre of his own family.

v. 24-25 Then Joshua and all the Israelites took Achan, the silver, the robe, the bar of gold, his sons, daughters, cattle, donkeys, sheep, goats, tent, and everything he had, and they brought them to the valley of Achor. 25 Then Joshua said to Achan, “Why have you brought trouble on us? The Lord will now bring trouble on you.” And all the Israelites stoned Achan and his family and burned their bodies.

Because Achan sinned his whole family had to suffer. And because of my sin those around me suffer too. Sinning is selfish and prideful. It doesn't care who it hurts but once our spirit convicts us, we see the real hurt. Not everything is about me or only affects me. I have to think about those i love with every decision i make - good or bad. I need to be accountable for my weaknesses so i can't lead others into my temptation.

1 Corinthians 5:6b Don’t you realize that if even one person is allowed to go on sinning, soon all will be affected?

Lord,
Thank you for your mercy and grace upon me. I know i am foolish with my sin but without you i could be dead. Forgive me. Your sacrifice on the cross is why i am still here and happy to be alive knowing you better. You are mt salvation from this world.
I forever love you always
Amen.

No comments: