Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, March 19, 2010

3/18 - Its not About Me


Joshua 1-2; 1 Corinthians 3; Psalm 37

1 Corinthians 3:6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow.

Like Paul, there is only so much we can do so people can receive Christ. God gave Paul and Apollos a job and they couldn't do Gods part because that was reserved for God. If they tried to be God than they would risk the true salvation of that person.

v. 7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.
So many people think because they are the chosen from God they deserve privileges. They think the people they help save are "their people". But they are all "Gods people". We are to bring them to God than God does the important work. What we are are instruments to be used for Gods work and if we get no recognition on earth - that's OK because its heaven where it truly counts.

v.8-9 The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. 9For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.
When someone plants a seed and waters it to God we have a duty to make sure it is God that they are worshipping. Since there are so many gods for people to worship we are to plant and water the one true God in their heart. Saving a soul is not about me, or my recognition. Its not about what i want for them or how i should be recognized on earth. Because earth has nothing for me. What people want from me or say about me shouldn't be important because its God that's important.

Lord,
You are important. Your Word, Your growth in me and all the people who need you. Father, keep growing those seeds because without you we will all be lost in this dark world.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: