Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, March 26, 2010

I choose


Joshua 23-24; Psalm 44; 1 Corinthians 11

Joshua 24:15
But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

God wants us to choose where we stand = with Him or against Him. He hates it when people are wishy washy about who they want to serve. To God its all or nothing.

In todays culture there are more options that ever before: God, Buddha, John Smith, satan, nature and ourselves. Who am i going to serve? Who am i going to give my life to? Who will i listen to? When i make a choice i look at all the perks and consequences. If i choose God I will go to heaven. I'll have a tough life on earth but also will have the favor of the Lord.
If i choose buddha i will learn how to pray and chant and be one with nature and my surrounding.
If i choose John Smith i will be in a mainy caucasian religion but have no relationship with the God i serve.
If i choose satan i may get power but i will be sent to a lifetime of torture.
If i choose nature well i'll smell like flowers.
If i choose myself, i'll be lonely.

I choose, as Joshua did, to serve God, my Lord, my Savior, my King. Because He loves me, He died for me and i can have a relationship with Him and not be alone.

Lord,
Thank you for your everlasting love. You give me the hope and strength to keep going everyday. You fill me with the love i need to give those people who need it the most. You are the only one i can truly count on and lean on all the days of my life.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: