Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What if...?


Numbers 32-33; Mark 10

Numbers 32:9-12 After they went up to the Valley of Eshcol and viewed the land, they discouraged the Israelites from entering the land the LORD had given them. 10 The LORD's anger was aroused that day and he swore this oath: 11 'Because they have not followed me wholeheartedly, not one of the men twenty years old or more who came up out of Egypt will see the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob- 12 not one except Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite and Joshua son of Nun, for they followed the LORD wholeheartedly.'

Everyday God wants to show us new things. Big, small, nice, scary new things. These men saw a place that God reserved for them. It was filled with everything they dreamed of. Their favorite food, sweets, homes, weather. But they saw bigger stronger men who were living there and got scared. Instead of trusting in God and His plans they scared everyone else.

33:53 Take possession of the land and settle in it, for I have given you the land to possess.
This is the promise God gave them. But only 2 men believed Him. Only 2 men tried to get the Israelites to fight for what was theirs. Only 2 men saw the promise and stuck with it. Imagine wandering 40 years because you didn't want to decide to take a risk and fight.

33:55-56 'But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land, those you allow to remain will become barbs in your eyes and thorns in your sides. They will give you trouble in the land where you will live. 56 And then I will do to you what I plan to do to them.'

If God called me to do something and i choose not to do it than He will go for someone else. God wanted Moses and Aaron to lead the Israelites into the promised land but since they didn't trust Him enough He chose Caleb and Joshua. Which led to Moses and Aaron dying wondering "what if..."?

Lord,
Thank you for bringing me here into this world where i can discover your greatness and future you have for me. I have made hard ground-breaking decisions that affect me but i know you have it all planned out that my time hasn't been in vain but just a preparation for the future you have for me.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: