Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Be Aggressive


Numbers 34-36; Mark 11

Mark 11: 15-17 On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, 16and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17And as he taught them, he said, "Is it not written: " 'My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations'c]">[c]? But you have made it 'a den of robbers.'

Jesus knew what His ministry consisted of. He knew His purpose and planned on sticking with it. But even Jesus a man of compassion, hope, love, and mercy needed the people to see how they were defiling His holiness.

When there is no authority in a house the people in it take over and do what they want. There was no authority over that temple area. No one teaching them about true holiness and how to live for God. Jesus was so angry because that specific temple are was meant for a specific purpose and satan and his perversion was taking it over. Jesus had to regain that authority by showing those people how important it is to worship there. How there forefathers treated that area.

Being crucified with Christ changes a person. It changes how we think, how we see things, how we approach life. Maybe some people there got upset that Jesus destroyed all their stuff instead of just telling them to leave. But when it comes to defiling the things of God, we need to be aggressive. Need to yell, need to get angry that satan is even being allowed to speak.

There are times when i want to yell, scream, kick things down because satan was able to get a foot in the door. And i do have the authority to do that, through Jesus. Because I am His child than I am to be like my Father in every sense and not hold back. He is the Messiah, the Lord, the Savior, My Everything.

Lord, Thank you for fighting for whats right. I know you fight my battles because I trust in You, in Your Word, Your Promises, Your Heart, Your Voice. I put all my faith in You. I forever love you always Amen

No comments: