Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Disclaimer


Joshua 15-17; 1 Corinthians 8

1 Corinthians 8:1c But while knowledge makes us feel important, it is love that strengthens the church.

Paul was a church planter. He knew the pros and cons. He knew what could happen if the people weren't being discipled correctly. Since God is love it is love that will hold a church together. Love for oneself, love for your neighbor, love for God.

There is already enough hate and judgement in the world, why bring it in the house of God? Being with Him is yes, a sacrifice. but isn't it worth it? We're all teachers, leaders, and followers. Hungry to learn more and teach more. but what we teach can't be just anything - its gotta be something that others can learn from.

v.12-13 And when you sin against other believersc]">[c] by encouraging them to do something they believe is wrong, you are sinning against Christ. 13 So if what I eat causes another believer to sin, I will never eat meat again as long as I live—for I don’t want to cause another believer to stumble.
Disclaimer to veteran Christians: What you do doesn't affect only you - but everyone around you. Especially those who are still trying to find which God to serve.
Disclaimer to baby Christians: Don't let the world get the best of you. There are many things you can still do just be wise and even read the Bible if you have questions - trust me, the answers are there.

Disclaimer for me: Check yourself Melissa. Some things you and say can hurt others - be aware and know that God loves you no matter what - even if you mess up. Be strong - look at the prize and go for it. God made you to win this race. He made You.

Lord,
Thank you for creating me for this time. Prepare me for bigger and better things. You are who i follow and trust. Help me to see more of you. You are my Savior and Rock my Everything for all days.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: