Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Your Word


Leviticus 7-9; Acts 15

Acts 15:8-10 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear?

A couple weeks ago i was approached by Jehovahs witnesses that were trying to change my mind about how i should and my view on God. They even said "we'll come back to see if you changed your mind". People who know God aren't to change minds but are called to change lives. Paul knew that since the beginning of time there have been people who say they love God but all they do is judge and point fingers. Thats not Gods real love. Paul wanted to show every type of person the real love from God.

The Pharisees were men that were hypocrites and truly weren't free. They didn't know the extension of Gods love because they thought they should be the only ones because they were circumcised. When someone knows the extension of Gods love like Paul they would go where God calls them to teach every man, woman, and child.

v.19 It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God

Presenting Gods word should be easy and simple. Sometimes I read it and don't understand . But when i have a new or non believer in front of me God wants me to make it simple for them to read ans exciting that there are treasures waiting for them. This also requires me to get into the word, know it and love it.

Father,
Thank you for your word. Thank you for giving me a guide to live by so i can know you better every day. Keep showing me your secrets so i can share them with the world.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: