Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Reveal Yourself


Exodus 35,36; Acts 10

Acts 10:34-35 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.
After all this time it dawned on Peter that Jesus died for ALL mankind. Even a disciple didn't realize the real reason of Jesus' death. No matter who we are and how close we are to God, His wisdom and knowledge is shown to us at different times in our lives. God keeps teaching us things everyday even if they are plain and simple and obvious. But people like Peter have to see first hand the truth of God to truly understand it.

v.45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles.

I see so many of Gods wonders and miracles everyday and i read about it but i won't understand it till the time is right. I can read something today and have read it years ago and barely start understanding it now. God has given us the knowledge and ability to understand His word but He won't reveal everything in one sitting. Little by little God shows himself so we won't be overwhelmed. But as we keep studying Him and keep searching He will reveal His true purpose for our lives.

Lord,
Reveal yourself. Reveal who you are and my true purpose. I don't want to be surprised by the obvious but be amazed by your glory and miracles. You are the one true living God.
I forever love you Always
Amen

No comments: