Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, February 12, 2010

2/11/10 Never Stop Talking


Leviticus 15-17; Acts 18

Acts 18:6 But when the Jews opposed Paul and became abusive, he shook out his clothes in protest and said to them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am clear of my responsibility. From now on I will go to the Gentiles."

Paul was a warrior. He knew his missions and dove in head first. During his mission to spread the word he learned about culture and how certain people reacted to the gospel.

In every ones life there comes a point and time where you want to give up, it could be on something or someone. When ministering or even just presenting something i want some sort of respect. Even if people don't fully believe me its OK but don't disrespect me. And Paul was feeling the same way. All he wanted was respect and he wanted to give up on the Jews. They thought they knew it all so all they wanted to do was fight.

Later in the story god tells Paul no to give up. Things looked bad there but God didn't call Paul to get beat down but to save souls even the Jews. God doesn't want me to give up. If people don't want to listen that's fine but it doesn't mean I'll stop talking.

Lord,
Thank you for giving me a voice. I know i need to use it more and i will. You brought your word to be told and i am your instrument. Use me, guide me to your straight path.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: