Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Davids Weakness Prayer


Exodus 37,38; Psalm 19; Acts 11

Psalm 19:12-14 Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults.

13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.

14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.


I am guilty of sins i do or do not commit. Even before Jesus came to die for our sins David knew how important it was to receive forgiveness from God. David, a man after Gods own heart, was human and sinned but the difference was that he knew how to capture Gods heart, by being honest with Him.

There are things in my life that i have a weakness for. So much so that they can lead me to sin. But this prayer that David put before God is one I need to make everyday.

(My version of the prayer)

Lord, sometimes i can't discern between right and wrong. Forgive all that i am hiding. Protect me from sins i can easily make, may they not devour me. Because than i can be pure and innocent from my enemies. Every word that leaves my mouth and all you find in my heart and soul may you smile just thinking about me. O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer; my Savior.

Father,

Thank you for allowing prayers like this to be in your word so i can read and meditate on it. these prayers show me I'm not alone in human weakness but can be built up in your strength and power. You are my Rock, my Redeemer, my Savior. Today and Always

I forever love you always

Amen

No comments: