Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Check Point


Exodus 39, 40; Psalm 15; Acts 12

Psalm 15 LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill?

2 He whose walk is blameless
and who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from his heart

3 and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong
and casts no slur on his fellowman,

4 who despises a vile man
but honors those who fear the LORD,
who keeps his oath
even when it hurts,

5 who lends his money without usury
and does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things
will never be shaken.

i might read this and think how can i be blameless all the time, I'm human and make mistakes all the time, will i still be able to be next to God in heaven? The answer is yes! When God searches us its through the heart. He wants our hearts to be good and pure. He wants us to make the right decisions in life: Search for God, talk about Him, don't gossip, be honest and good to our neighbors/friends, don't talk about people behind their backs, be disgusted by the wicked and admire people of God, be a person of their word even when it most hurts, let people borrow money or anything without expecting anything back, and don't hurt the innocent on purpose.

God sees our heart and who we really are to see if we can be in His presence because it will be whats in our hearts that will remain in heaven. And it will be whats in our hearts that will be exposed on earth.

Its time to check my heart. Everyday should be a check time. A time to see id I'm OK to go out in the world and let people know I'm a Christian. If I'm the opposite of what David said to be, i shouldn't go outside the door till i allow God to mold me because the moire I'm out there the more damage my true being will make and the more people will want to be away from God instead of closer to Him.

Father,
Check my heart. Am i in the right or wrong? Because only you know the inner truth. Help me to be a righteous people in your eyes and forgive me for my sins, dishonesty, and hiding. You know all that's in me help me everyday to be a better person for your glory and kingdom. I want to be honest and whole filled with your spirit, love and mercy and grace. I thank you for making me who i am because without you i am nothing.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: