Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Only when its Convenient


Numbers 1-2; Acts 24

Acts 24:25 As Paul discoursed on righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and said, "That's enough for now! You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you."

This sounds so familiar in so many words "when its convenient for me" or "I'll call you don't call me" or " don't worry I'll see you around". There are so many excuses we all give when we're afraid. No one wants to be afraid, no one wants to fear something or someone. When it comes to God many people don't follow Him cause they are afraid of His authority and His commands. Afraid they can't follow them, afraid they are in the wrong and instead of facing God and finding out who He is they run away.

I believe at one point we are all afraid. I'm afraid too sometimes. Afraid i don't do enough yet afraid i do too much. Afraid I'm more Martha than Mary. I was always afraid i wouldn't graduate high school even though i got good grades. I was afraid i wasn't good enough. And sometimes the enemy tries to bring back those insecurities but since I'm not afraid of being with God or not afraid of declaring who He is in my life, the devil ain't go nothing on me. I mess up I do wrong instead of right but i love God and He knows my heart better than anyone.

Lord,
Thank you for your love. Don't ever allow me to run away in fear. I am more than a conqueror and my strength is in you, your word, your love and your grace.
I forever love you always
Amen

No comments: