Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Talking Donkey


Num 21-23; Mark 6, 7


Numbers 22:18-22

But Balaam answered them, “Even if Balak gave me all the silver and gold in his palace, I could not do anything great or small to go beyond the command of the LORD my God. 19 Now spend the night here so that I can find out what else the LORD will tell me.” 20 That night God came to Balaam and said, “Since these men have come to summon you, go with them, but do only what I tell you.” 21 Balaam got up in the morning, saddled his donkey and went with the Moabite officials. 22 But God was very angry when he went, and the angel of the LORD stood in the road to oppose him. Balaam was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him.

God told Balaam not to go to Balak. God told Balaam that the people Balak wanted to curse were already blessed. God Balaam His will and plan for those people. God told Balaam. But what did Balaam do? He kept asking God what to do. He heard Gods voice, he knew what God wanted and even though he said to the men that no amount of silver or gold could take him away from the will of God, it was the very love of money that made him keep asking God what to do.

God knows whats in our hearts. He knows us better than we know ourselves. God knew that Balaam was tempted by their money. Balaam was a man of God, he heard the voice of God, but he was human and was tempted. God was angry with him because what Balaam said with his voice wasn't what he truly meant in his heart.

There have been many times where I havent wanted something so bad that i would manipulate my way into that situation. I would keep giving myself excuses to let myself think that i was doing the right thing. I would even try to manipulate God and walk away from what He had already told me, by making up stories. When it gets to the point that i try to manipulate God, i know ive reached a low point. The moment i try making excuses for myself should be the very moment i know that I am going in the wrong direction. When God tells me where to go or how to do things, i won't need to make excuses, i won't need to make up stories, i wont need to manipulate or lie about things. Because the will of God is straight, narrow, and truth.

Lord,

Thank you for your guidance in my life. Thank you that like Balaam even though he disobeyed you and you got angry you still used him in the place where he was at. You are a great God that even when we walk away you still use us in that place. You find a way to get us back on track and for that i love you . It is through your mercy and grace that i can find you again, seek you more, and hear your voice.

I forever love you always

Amen

No comments: