Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Even when it hurts...i trust in You


Ex 39, 40; Ps 15; Acts 12

Psalm 15:1,4b
1 LORD, who may dwell in your sacred tent? Who may live on your holy mountain? 4b who keeps an oath even when it hurts, and does not change their mind;

David was a man that sought God out. He wanted to know the secrets of God and explore them in his life. When David was reciting his poetry and scribing them i believe a lot of that was him just thinking aloud. When he spoke about who may dwell with God in his tent he was thinking those things out loud. Gods sacred tent was the place that God was 24/7. This was the tent that had the ark of God...the presence of God...the glory of God. Who was anointed enough to be able to spend that time with God? Not many people but one of the requisites was for someone who keeps an oath...no matter what.

Davids life was full of successes and betrayals. He didn't know who to count on because his own king tried to have him killed. So David had only God to rely on. The very person who he trusted was killed. But David was anointed by God, called out by Him and David promised God to worship Him, to love Him, to live for Him. There were many things in Davids life that he had to change and he paid consequences for it. David knew that the decisions he made had to stay grounded and he had to follow through because God doesn't want people who are constantly back and forth.

God opens and closes doors for us. He wants us to go through things than he takes us out of those seasons. Thats the cycle of life. Friends come and go...people come and go...but God remains forever. There are times when I have to make the hardest decisions and its so easy to look back and crack that door just a little bit. But God can't work with us if we're always allowing ourselves to open the door again. If the door is meant to open than God will open it...not me. I can't open doors anymore because than God won't be able to talk to me as candidly as He'd like to. If I want to hear all of God I have to be all of God. If i want to know all that God has for me than I have to be all that God has for me. And trust that God knows the true desires of my heart and if all is right than He will make a way...but i can't make that way if I truly want Gods will in my life.

Lord, Thank you for building that relationship with me that I can trust you. I want to be close to you as much as I possibly can and if it means making hard decisions and not turning back than I am willing...for You. Even when it hurts God I will bring myself back to you and your rest. Thank you for your grace and faith. I forever love you always

No comments: