Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Instead..


Lev 7-9; Acts 15
Acts 15:19-20
“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

Paul was called to reach out to the gentiles. He was appointed for them to help them find the one true God. God spoke to Paul and in return Paul wanted to be an apostle to not just a certain type of people. Paul was not the type of person to be kept in the box. He was someone who needed to reach out to everyone who was able to have a relationship with Christ. Paul didn't see just the jews but everyone else around the jews. He saw people. He saw multitudes. He saw revival. He saw miracles. He saw the world.

We are to be like Paul. Not just think inside the box. We are to reach out to all people, all men. And the way of having people turn to Christ shouldn't be difficult. Its not all about rules and regulations. Its not about hating on them. Its about loving them, for who they are. Its about being simple with people. God told us what to do and we understand. But the people who are new to knowing Christ can't understand theological phrases and thoughts, just yet. We are to keep things simple and if they choose to go deeper, we are to support them. If someone wants to keep their relationship with Christ simple, we support them.

Lord, Thank you for the spirit you have implemented in me. You have allowed me to see things in many different ways yet i choose you in the end. I choose your love, your grace, your mercy. your blessing over me. I choose to be with you whether simple or difficult you are my God. you are my Father. I forever love you always Amen

No comments: