Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

What to do with demon possession


Num 19, 20; Ps 28; Mark 5

Mark 5: 18-20
As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed begged to go with him. 19 Jesus did not let him, but said, “Go home to your own people and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” 20 So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed.

The demon possessed man was chained up, hand and foot, but those chains couldn't hold him. He would cut himself with rocks everyday. He didnt have just one demon in him but several...a legion of demons. This man was desperate for the demons to come out. He cried out every night and when he cut himself he was either trying to kill himself or simply trying to get the demons out in any means possible. Demons recognize the spirit of God and His power therefore were forced to bow before Jesus. Even the demons were afraid of Christ. Once the demons left the man, he probably had no where to go. His family and friends must have left him, so he wanted to be with Jesus. But Jesus needed him to show the people that His power was real. The demon possessed man became a disciple of Christ in that part of town. Because the people wanted Jesus out, Jesus used the demon possessed man to spread the gospel.

If i was living in those times I would want to be with Jesus too. I wouldn't want to stay behind, I want to be with Jesus at all times. But Jesus' plan wasn't to keep us where we're at. His plan is to raise us in to His disciples and have us go out and show people what He can do. When Jesus does a miracle in our lives He doesn't want us to keep it quiet. He wants us to tell people and show them so in turn they can believe. And we are being used by God in that manner. We are truly being His disciples when we tell people about His power and authority.

If the demon possessed man wouldn't have said anything to the people about his life changing than he wouldn't have been a disciple of Christ. Those people wouldn't have been able to know who Christ is and in turn be saved.

Lord, Thank you for doing things in my life that i can say you truly changed me. The miracles and wonders you have put in my life have changed me forever and I love telling people about all you have done. Thank you for putting patience in my life that I can wait for you. I can wait for that moment that i see another miracle. that i feel your presence once again, that i see your face, and that i can feel your love. I forever love you always Amen

No comments: