Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just enough


Deut 7-9; Mark 15

Deuteronomy 8:4
Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell during these forty years.
Moses was speaking to the Israelites. He was reminding them of the faithfulness and love of God. Even when they forgot about God, He never forgot about them. When the Israelites complained, God kept loving them. When they worshipped other gods, God was still around. When they yelled, kicked, screamed for something else, something different, for more...God was still around loving them.

God never makes us go through something we can't handle, no matter how hard we may think it is. The Israelites walked about for forty years. I get new shoes after 40 days! But God made sure they were comfortable...enough. When God has plans for each of our lives, He makes sure we are comfortable...enough. Some people become millionaires, others can barely eat every day. I don't know why some are chosen and others are not, but I know that God wouldn't allow something we can't handle. Even if the worst is happening to us and around us...He believes that we are strong enough to get through it.

God made sure that the clothes and shoes of the Israelites were still intact. He made sure that they were fed, clothed, loved. God wants to do the same for me. Whatever I am going through, no matter how hard, He makes sure I am comfortable....enough, to get through that day. I may not eat the best food, where the best clothes, smell the best, look the best...but its enough to get through tomorrow. Because tomorrow can lead to something different, a surprise, anything that can change my life forever. And I wait. I wait on God..wait on His promises for my life, wait on tomorrow with...just enough.

Lord, Thank you for showing me that even if my outside isn't the best, you have the best for me on the inside. Your love keeps me going day to day and i can see you and feel you. Even on my darkest days I put my trust in you. There are times when I don't seek you but you strengthen me without even asking or even sometimes wanting. Lord, don't allow me to sulk in pity because I know you made me stronger than that and I choose to find you, to love you, to know you and to need you. I forever love you always Amen

No comments: