Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, March 28, 2011

The Unlikely


Judges 4-5; Psalm 39, 41; 1 Corinthians 13


Judges 4:9

“Very well,” Deborah said, “I will go with you. But because of the way you are going about this,[b] the honor will not be yours, for the LORD will hand Sisera over to a woman.”


Barak was a warrior. God had called him to kill Sisera and his men because of the evil that Jabin was doing. Deborah was a prophetess and judge, she was leading Israel at that time and she specifically told Barak that he was to lead the army to conquer Sisera. Barak trusted God but he trusted man more. He may have doubted Deborahs prophecy and wanted her there with him in case it didn't come to pass. But since Deborah heard the voice of God, she didn't doubt and prophesied again.


There are times when I trust man more than God. And its not because i don't think God isn't powerful enough, i think maybe its because I still doubt which voice I'm listening to. I may doubt how i hear the voice of the Lord. I want to be like Deborah and know for a fact that its Gods voice and just run with it. I want to be 100% sure. I want God to use me to conquer lands and not have to use another means.


v.21

But Jael, Heber’s wife, picked up a tent peg and a hammer and went quietly to him while he lay fast asleep, exhausted. She drove the peg through his temple into the ground, and he died.


When God told Deborah that Sisera would be caught in the hands of a woman, He didn't only mean Deborah. God can use anyone, and He used the unlikely. At that time women were not warriors, or soldiers. Women stayed at home and cooked, took care of the children, the home. And Jael was doing what she was supposed to. She was tending her tent minding her own business, but God set her up for success. A weak man, cold, thirsty, scared entered and she took her chance and killed him.


As women it would be hard to go up against a man who is a trained soldier, someone who knows how to fight. But when a man is at his weakest moment and oblivious to a woman's motherly charm is the deadliest time for them. A woman can do just about anything when a man is completely down. God uses the unlikely to do His will.


Lord,

Use me. See me. Choose me. I am here with you always and forever, I want to be used by you. I want to conquer lands. I want to go up against evil and fight for my right to worship you and love you and have freedom in you. I want to be strong for the weak, I want to rise for the fallen, I want to walk for the lame, I want to stand for the dead, I want to yell for the mute, I want to hear for the deaf, I want to prophecy for the blind. Lord use ME.

I forever love you always

Amen

No comments: