Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Next Besst Thing


Deut 22-24; Gal 4


Galatians 4:28-31

Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. 30 But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.”f]">[f] 31 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.


The Galatians were people that were easily swayed. They wanted the best new thing. When Paul was there with them, they accepted him and what he had to say. Once he left they were swayed by another doctrine.


I wonder how many times the Galatians raised there hands to accept the next offer. I wonder if its the same amount of times that we change our mind here. I have changed my mind in so many things: styles, hair color, clothes, shoes, makeup, men, food, etc. If things are constantly changing than why wouldn't people change their minds about God. I know that I have doubted God and even thought that a worldly life would be easier than following Christ. So why wouldn't others want to try the next best thing?


People will always want to try something new, they will always want to try a new restaurant, a new pair of shoes, even a new car. But the difference in people is that 1) the children of the slave will always be slaves..to the world. Hagar had Ishmael and she remained shunned and her son was not that of the promise. So that type of person will always be looking for their new master. Always a slave. And then theres 2) children of the promise. These people will see new things, discover new things, try new things but will always have that foundation of Christ with them. We are not looking for a new master because we are secure in Christ and free in Him and not trying the next best thing to rule our lives...but to add on to what Christ has already given us.


Lord,

Thank you for making me Your child. In all that i do, good or bad, i know where my foundation is. You are my strength and my rock. It is because of You that I am free from sin and condemnation. I am Your child, grounded in Your Word,.

I forever love you always

Amen

No comments: