Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, March 11, 2011

The law


Deut 16-18; Ps 38; Gal 2

Galatians 2:19-21
“For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!

The law was hard core. Sometimes we think that the Old Testament people had a hard time because there was no "grace". But Gods grace in the OT was the law. His rules for His people was for us to live a good life, to live a righteous life. God never intended for others to persecute one another for their sin. God never intended for people to break the law either. He wanted His people to obey the law to live the best life. He wanted His people to be blessed and flourish, but the problem is that sin separates us from living that great life.

I am no longer the property of the enemy. Jesus paid a price for my sin. He allowed His people to live with grace. His death provided mercy for our sin to be erased and to live a new life. We are new people, new thoughts, new feelings, new vision, new everything. With Christ, I am free. With Christ, I can actually live in abundance. I can be tempted than run back to God and He can help me. He can be with me, He can love me.

Father, Thank you for your love. I can only live with you and be happy with you. You are my everything. I forever love you always Amen

No comments: