Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Time to eat


Luke 8:53-55 They laughed at him, knowing that she was dead.54 But he took her by the hand and said, "My child, get up!"55 Her spirit returned, and at once she stood up. Then Jesus told them to give her something to eat.

Jairus was desperate to do something for his child. Jesus was his only hope. He knew he found the right man when he said she was only sleeping. When He rose her from the dead He said get her something to eat (that's the only reference of eating when Jesus raises someone from the dead). I know there was no full Bible available but i think Jesus wanted her to eat of His body and what He had to offer.

When i rise from the dead God wants me to get closer to Him. He wants me to read the word, pray, fast, spread the word more than before. When Jesus said get her something to eat it wasn't natural food He was talking about, but spiritual food filled with compassion, joy, and kindness. Jesus wanted her life to be better than before. Just like ours when He raises us for the ashes.

Father,
Raise me from the ashes of the devils fire. Keep me away from his wickedness and lies. I am yours today and forever. Take my hand and use it for your glory. I thank you for your love and majesty, for your glory over my life. Forgive me for my sins and the sins of my fathers. I bring my life to you as a sacrifice. Use me.
I love you Always
Amen
P.S. I feel you with me right now

No comments: