Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

9/23/2008 Thank you for the Rain


Luke 6:46-49 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?47 I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice.48 He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."

Jesus was teaching numerous people the important basics of following Him. Jesus only had a short time to teach as many people as possible, everything that He knew about life and how to live a righteous way. Many people were still confused about the true meaning of Messiah and what it meant to call on God. Jesus was a teacher with clear objectives-in this passage He tells of two ways of living: with or without a foundation. To call Him Lord we need a foundation because without it we will fall flat on our faces during the storm.

Jesus was talking about storms because they are everywhere. I have a storm about every week or 2 weeks. The devil wants to wash me out but my foundation is in Christ no matter where I am at in my walk. I'm not perfect nor righteous but my God has mercy and forgiveness and compassion for my soul. My God loves me more than anything in the word which is why i keep going with Him.

Father,
I thank you for the rain. And providing me with your umbrella. I love you with all that I am and all you have made me to be. Make today God a beautiful day full of wonders and surprises. Create in me God a new heart - a heart that yearns and aches for you only. You are my all in all.
I love you Always
Amen
P.S. I feel my love growing as I write this to you

No comments: