Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

9/5/08 Eat it

Revelation 10:9-11 So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey."
10.I took the little scroll from the angel's hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.
11.Then I was told, "You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, languages and kings."

John saw and heard many things during this time that God was revealing to him the revelation. But here is proof that not everything was written down for the future to know. God was still leaving some mystery for us so we can remain seeking Him.

Imagine an angel telling me to eat a scroll? Even if he said it would taste good. I believe that John had to eat that scroll because what he needed to prophesy was on that scroll. He had to have the prophesy in him to really give the people what God had for them.

Lord,
many people in the Bible saw strange things and did strange things. I sit here wondering if i would question you if you asked me to do them. My prayer today is that when you call me I will answer, no questions asked. I know who you are and how much you love me. I know I trust you, therefore call out to me and show me what i need to know to move on with you.
I love you Always
Amen

No comments: