Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Just like Jesus

Psalm 43:5 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

David was going through troubled times during this psalm. Before this he wrote to God "Why have you rejected me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?" He was troubled from the inside out. Just Like Jesus was when He was about to be taken form the betrayer, all his insides and outsides were shaking and disturbed. David didn't know where to go or what to do, but to sit there and let God know how he really feels.

As Christians sometimes we think its okay to hide our true feelings from God because He just wants to hear whats on the surface. But we forget that He doesn't even see the surface but listens to our hearts. He knows the deepest feelings we feel and wants to comfort them. Thats why He says that He is our Rock and Refuge nothing can come against Him. And David knew that, his body and spirit were battling, his mind would tell him to worry while his spirit told him to trust. Thats why his voice was talking to his soul, the deepest part of him saying don't you worry just trust in God.

When every part of our lives trusts in God we can live in peace even when the worst things around us are happening. David didn't know why Saul wanted to kill him, he was just being what God had planned for him, but he had to run away. Men try to bring us down without listening to Gods voice, but when we are being attacked the only place we need to run are into Gods arms.

Lord,
Open your arms to me this day and help me to seek you more and more. I know there are many areas in my life that I need to change and fix but I ask you right now don't give up on me. Love me forever, because I'll need you forever.
I love you Always
Amen.

No comments: