Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Heavens Storage

Psalm 49:16-20 Do not be overawed when a man grows rich, when the splendor of his house increases; 17 for he will take nothing with him when he dies, his splendor will not descend with him. 18 Though while he lived he counted himself blessed-- and men praise you when you prosper-- 19 he will join the generation of his fathers, who will never see the light [of life]. 20 A man who has riches without understanding is like the beasts that perish.

Even though King David was rich, he knew that it wasn't his world. He went through many trials in his life but he stood strong on one thing, the promises of God. God annointed him as king of Israel, no matter how impossible that looked at the moment and he lived among the rich, he saw what money could do to a person. He knew that money didn't gaurantee you a spot in heaven next to Jesus. He also knew that it won't make people happy.

As humans, we desire certian things and money is the first thing we want more of. Money is something we all need to survive in this world, but it won't get us through problems, it won't bring faith, it won't solve our emotional issues. Money is a temporary high, once you have it, you spend it than its all gone. Sometimes we are jealous of the rich because they don't even praise God for their wealth or give anything back to Him, and they remain rich for the rest of their lives. I see them all happy and like they have no care in the world. But there is something i don't know...their home life. I don't know whats going on inside of them because all i see is the surface.

When people have lots of money they have to be wise about it, if they're not they can lose it just as easy as they got it. Being smarter or better doesn't start with money, it starts with God. God gives me the knowledge that I need to keep going, He gives me the power, the discernment, the wisdom, the strength, the annointing to take the next step in life. I don't do my work because of the money, I do it cause i love it and i know thats where God wants me. I do it because thats where I want to be. There are many jobs that I can do that are easier and with a better pay, but I choose to be where God has called me. And if i get less money for it? Thats okay because my riches are stored in heaven.

Lord,
I know that I can see this world and not heaven so all i see are the riches in front of me. But I desire the riches in heaven. I desire to be next to you, I desire to know you better, to see you clearer, to hear you louder. I desire more of you and less of me. Help me to be that person you want me to be. Help me to see things that I am blind to. Make me into your holy instrument today and everyday. I love you Always,
Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.