Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, March 28, 2008

You're my Core

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is not something that we abuse to have more power and strength. It is not for us to take advantage of and use it for our glory. God is love, He is the ultimate love. He is the one I need to emulate and be like. He is the one that I should try to be like. There are many people that do me wrong and I feel like I don't want to love them or need to show them love, but as God says here "if i speak in tongues of man...but have not love, I am only a resounding gong..." My voice and words will mean nothing and have no sound if I don't speak in love.

Every time I speak and if it without love, than God doesn't here any of it. All He hears is a dong sound, something that has no meaning behind it. If I have not love for people every time i pray will be like a cling sound to God, all He will here is sound but no words to back it up. Love is what makes meaning in this world. I am here because of love, and if i don't show it than everything I have ever done anything that I ever do will mean nothing at all. My work, my heart, my sweat, my desires, my dreams will mean absolutely nothing if I have not love.

Without love I am nothing. I am just a mere being passing through this world if i don't have love. God gives me purpose, guidance, joy, and peace to go through this world. It is because of Him that I am here, and if i deny that, than I am denying my very existence. God is my everything, my existence, my being, my soul, my core. Without Him I am nothing.

Lord,
You are my core. You are my soul. You are my heart. You are my love. You are my everything. I live because you allowed me to, I breathe because you give it to me, I walk because you give me guidance. Father, show me real love, the love that you have so I can show it to everyone else. God, forgive me for those times when i didn't show your love because I want to everyday of my life. I want people to see you through me, use God today and everyday of my life.
I love you Always, Amen.

No comments: