Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

God's Wine

1 Corinthians 10:12-13 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! 13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Paul knew what it was like to be tempted. The Bible doesn't give too much detail of he was tempted, but if I just think about all the things he went through and how maybe some of the authorities wanted him to stop his ranting about Christ, so they probably bribed him in many ways.
When a parent wants their child to stop doing something, like crying, they bribe them with something, candy or something that they would be tempted to stop what they are doing to make peace in the home.
I can only imagine that the authorities most likely bribed him with money, women, a good life, opposite of what he was living. When someone is tempted it isn't by something that they wouldn't want. A single person can be tempted by a good looking person of the opposite sex. An alcoholic is tempted by a drink, a smoker with a cigarette.

When I am tempted its by the simple things that get me in trouble. A kiss, a hand, etc. Everyday I am tempted and everyday I fail to those temptations because in my mind they are simple things. Things that i think won't hurt me at the moment, but after when i think about it i know that the fattening foods won't make me any healthier. But even though i may fall, the word says that God has provided a way out so that i can stand up to that temptation.

1 Corinthians 10:21.You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.

As temptations follow me, the demons want me and are cheering me on to take the temptation and run with it. And the Lord is trying to guide to make the right choice and follow Him and no one else. There is no in-between, I cannot live Gods life and fall into temptation every time. I need that self-control. I need to put my foot down and control my urges, control my body, control myself. When I have no control, my life spirals down. But when I have that control from the Holy Spirit, than my life makes sense and i don't feel guilty and bad.
I need to drink from the Lords cup, because that wine is fresh tasting and heals my inside, the moment i drink from the devils cup is the moment i can lose all that i am.

Lord,
This day I choose to drink from your cup. I don't want to drink the enemies wine, cause his has nothing for me but death. God, forgive me for trying to drink from both, you are patient and loving with me please have mercy on me because I can't do things on my own and I cannot live a double life. I take my mask off today and put it on your altar. I am all yours.
I love you Always
Amen

No comments: