Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

He is not Finished

Galatians 4:6-9 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." 7 So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir. 8 Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9 But now that you know God--or rather are known by God--how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?

When we accept the life of a Christian, we have to know what that entails. Paul was talking to the Galatians very openly and sternly because he knew they knew better. He knew that there was more in them than just merely going back to their old sins. This is like us today, when something doesn't happen for us by God in the time we want it, we give up and go back to what was making us worse. We go back because we think thats what really made us happy. We think about the old happy times and forget about the bad times and go back to being miserable and feeling guilty. Paul wanted to remind them of those bad times, and have them remember what God has done for them, and that He is not finished.

God is not finished in our lives no matter how old or young we are, He is not finished until we take that last breath. Since we are Gods heirs we are no longer slaves. We no longer live the life we once did, and with that comes some things we have to change in our lives. Paul talks about the "weak and miserable principles" - this is not a specific list - but it is specific in our lives. What are my weak and miserable principles?
1. laziness
2. procrastination
3. pride
4. excuses


Deuteronomy 23:21-23 says, If you make a vow to the Lord your God, do not be slow to pay it, for the Lord your God will certainly demand it of you and you will be guilty of sin. 22But if you refrain from making a vow, you will not be guilty. 23Whatever your lips utter you must be sure to do, because you made your vow freely to the Lord your God with your own mouth.

So instead of saying God I promise I'll change, I'll never be the same again...I know I have to be realistic, if I know that I won't be so strong, I should say "God change me, and I want to change for you" I don't want to promise God anything I can't keep. I can't be the way I was, I have to move forward, claim my inheritance in God and never look back.

Lord,
Look into my heart and if there is something wrong, show it to me. Change me God into someone I can be proud of and someone You can be proud of. Be all for me, cause all I need is You. Father, help me through the storms, clouds, and rain. You are my Savior and Love. Keep me close to You always.
I love you Always, Amen

No comments: