Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Especially Sex

1 Corinthians 6:12 "Everything is permissible for me"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"--but I will not be mastered by anything.

Sometimes we think there are things that we cannot do. Things that God doesn't want us to do, but that mentality is wrong. God wants us to do everything, experience everything, but within a point. Especially sex. Being 26 and single sometimes its hard to withstand everyday without feeling someone next to me or sleeping with someone. And some may think that God doesn't want us to have sex, that He doesn't care about our human desires. Theres a society mentality that sex is human nature, and it is ,
BUT <---- there is a line we cannot cross. Getting to know someone that you may like doesn't open the door to sex. God meant sex for marriage and marriage only.

I am not one to say that I have saved my self wholly and completely for my husband, and not because I didn't want to but because my flesh took me over. I was in wrong places with wrong people and doing wrong things. When you're alone in the dark with the person you like, there is a high temptation that something wrong will happen. That's why I always have to be careful where I'm at and with whom. I am barely learning that now! At 26 God is teaching me more wisdom.

"I will not be mastered by anything" God doesn't want my flesh to take me over again. This is the worst that could happen because once your flesh is in charge, your spirit takes a back seat. My body is mine and I am free to do what I want to it, but if I don't ask God His opinion of what I am doing, than there is no point to the Holy Spirit.


1 Cor. 6:19-20 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

This weekend is the celebration of Christ dying and resurrecting on the third day. His body and flesh was torn into pieces so that I may live a good life. So my flesh and body can be pure and renewed. He paid that price for me, He died for me, He lived for me, He resurrected for me....So what am I going to do for Him?

Lord,
You are my everything, you did it all for me. There is nothing you don't have but I offer you my heart this morning. I offer up all that I do have even though its not much, but the little I do have is yours. My body hasn't done the holiest things but I come before you in forgiveness to purify it and clean me and wash me from all those past sins against my body. My body is your temple and I want it clean and fresh so you can live in it. Thank you for living, dying, and rising back up for me.
I love you Always
Amen

No comments: