Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

5 Specific Things

Psalm 37:3-8 Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this:6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.

There are so many things in life that I worry about. There are little things and small things. I work myself up and than in the end it wasn't even worth all the worry. God wants me to have a joyful life doing 5 specific things.
1. Trust
When I trust in the Lord, He will give me a place of rest. He is my rock and refuge. When I allow Him to take over everything I worry about than He puts things in order and my life seem that much easier.

2. Delight
With all the pain and suffering in the world, there is enough things to worry about, but God wants me to delight within the sadness. When I have joy and just see all the good in the bad, than God can see the good in me and grant what is in my heart.

3. Commit
When I make a commitment to God He shows the world my heart. He shows them the goodness and the righteousness that shines when I follow Him. As I am committing to Him I am committing to this world and saying that I am not just another person that is living but I am a person that is committing to love and trust my God.

4. Be still
I sometimes have real patience and other days I worry about my self. In certain situations I can wait for hours and days for the answer without a worry, than other times I can't even wait 5 minutes. In each situation, God has implanted in my life I have to have real patience. Without it I can lose what God wants to speak to me about and if I am rushing (which I usually am) I will miss (and I know I have) the blessings that God wants to give me.

5. Refrain from evil
If I do evil things than I am an evil person. When I sin, I am a sinner. It's that simple, If I do good things I'm a good person. Whatever I do I am and will become. Those habits I involve myself in need to be good ones and ones that Christ can see and be proud of. He needs to see my heart and what I am all about. I have to show Him my heart and allow Him to take it over to show the world who I really am.

Father,
there are so many things that you want me to do and live. I want to live the way you have created me to. I know I fail and push you to the side with my excuses so i want you to know that I love you more than life itself, and I need you with all my heart and soul. I want you with me sitting next to me in every place that I am and just hold me during the rough times and give me the strength when I need it. I love you Always
Amen

No comments: