Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

If Only

Psalm 28:1-3 To you I call, O Lord my Rock; do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who have gone down to the pit. 2 Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place. 3 Do not drag me away with the wicked, with those who do evil, who speak cordially with their neighbors but harbor malice in their hearts

God knows the true hearts of the people. He knows what they are really like, even if they hide the truth from everyone else. Only God can answer our cries for help, only He can show us the truth of others and of ourselves. David was crying out for mercy because he was afraid of those coming after him. Everyday the enemy wants to come after us and persecute us and make us feel guilty and bad for every thing we have done. But once we call out to God He will answer us and make us feel at peace because He is our protector from evil.

Psalm 28:6-7 Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. 7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

Even if David didn't see results he believed in God and what He was capable of. When we cry for help not only should we believe in action but we need to believe in heart because God knows our hearts. When He sees that our hearts are in the right place than He will answer what we are asking. If our hearts are wrong and we ask, He won't answer because we're not truly believing. If we truly believe its with all our hearts and we can see the future changing in our mind as well, and live at peace believing that God will change everything.

Lord,
Examine my heart and see what it really is. Take out all the bad and make me known as someone who is true and holy before you. I am not perfect and sin everyday but I want to live a pure life and be at peace with you forever.
I love you Always, Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow this is a good life journal, now I know that I can call God at the time when I'm desperate and I know that He'll come to protect me, and when I believe He puts peace in my life, He'll make it. I'll continue to believe in His promise and I'll wait only in Him.
Thanks for this great word..