Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Surrender

Acts 21:11-14 11 Coming over to us, he took Paul's belt, tied his own hands and feet with it and said, "The Holy Spirit says, 'In this way the Jews of Jerusalem will bind the owner of this belt and will hand him over to the Gentiles.'" 12 When we heard this, we and the people there pleaded with Paul not to go up to Jerusalem. 13 Then Paul answered, "Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus." 14 When he would not be dissuaded, we gave up and said, "The Lord's will be done."

Things happen in our life because God permits it. He has told us that our walk with Him will not be an easy one but it will be rewarding. Paul had no fear for his life. He knew at any time he could die. He knew that the way he was going to die was a harsh one, but he was ready because he trusted God in everything. He knew the cause for his death would be one of purpose not one in vain. Paul didn't care about people feeling bad for him, all he wanted was for them to know Christ and have a relationship with him. He knew his purpose in life and was living it to the full extent, there was nothing that would stop him.

Our lives need to be put in Gods way so we can also know His will for our lives and live it to the fullest extent. God has plans for us, plans to prosper, to live, to love, to have joy, to give, to receive, but the only way we can know those plans is if we surrender all to him. All that hinders us in knowing Him. Surrender all that keeps us away from hearing His voice. God has called us to do bigger things, bigger than what our minds can think of and handle. He wants us to go to higher places and know more things. To learn more about Him and this world so we can go out and reach all those people that don't know Him.

God,
There are things in my life that i think that are hindering me, but i don't know if its me that thinks that or if its you telling me. Lord, be clear with me today so i can put those things in your hands and get rid of all distractions and hinderances. I want to know you more intimately and seek your face more often. You are God in the heavens and the God in my heart. Rule my heart like you rule heaven.
I love you Always
Amen

No comments: