Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, February 1, 2008

Ultimate Escape

Exodus 32:4,6 He took what they handed him and made it into an idol cast in the shape of a calf, fashioning it with a tool. Then they said, "These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt." 6 So the next day the people rose early and sacrificed burnt offerings and presented fellowship offerings. Afterward they sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.

When God makes leaders and puts people in certain positions, its because He believes in them. Aaron was chosen not to be a leader, but to help his brother Moses. Moses didn't think he was good enough to be believed by the Israelites so God put Aaron there to help him. But we see here why Aaron wasn't chosen as the key leader. He was weak and didn't stand his ground. He allowed the people to make the decisions instead of being firm in the Word of God like Moses. Moses was out praying getting more from God while Aaron was hanging out with the people listening to them and seeing what they wanted instead of what God wanted.

That happens to a lot of leaders, we try to please others more than God. Thats one of my weaknesses. People become my top priority. The Israelites woke up early to party and worship some stupid gold calf but if God would call them to get up early they push Him aside because they knew He was there, they took Him for granted. I wake up early if I have work, an appointment, or somewhere to go, but when its time to get up early for prayer, I fail...Maybe because in the back of my mind I know that God will always be there, but thats me taking Him for granted. I know that God will always be there but I can't think of Him as a doctor...just call when i need to.

We are not to be like the Israelites, but to be like true followers of Christ. I am to be someone different, unique, following the path of God. I haven't always made the right choices but I know through the blood of Christ and the cross that was hung I can start anew. I can be cleansed, white as snow.

Father,
I thank you for your cross and your blood. You have shown me that life is more than material things. Keep speaking to me and revealing to me the truth of your word and the truth of my life. God you are my ultimate escape, the one person I can always turn to, the one I can count on, the one i can seek the truth from without feeling bad.
I love you Always
Amen

No comments: