Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Breathe

Acts 14:19-20 Then some Jews came from Antioch and Iconium and won the crowd over. They stoned Paul and dragged him outside the city, thinking he was dead. 20 But after the disciples had gathered around him, he got up and went back into the city. The next day he and Barnabas left for Derbe.

Every time there is something good that happens for the kingdom of God, the enemy wants to come and break it up. He wants to clear us out and confuse us with his nonsense. The people here were ready to know God more. They were confused but they would have turned from their old way if Paul and Barnabas had more time to explain and distinguish between God and the gods that they believed in. Many people want to come and be instruments of the enemy and be used by him because thats the easy route. Its easy to be used by him because he wants to use everyone. God calls everyone but not all listen. The men that came to overbear the others were being used by the enemy and they knew it too. Stoning and death is not from God. They were living their old life and wanted the rest of the people to live that way.

God wants us to learn new things and be new people. He doesn't want us to live the old life we once did. He doesn't want us to believe in what we once did but move on to greener pastures and bigger things. He wants us to have a new heart and to be kinder, nicer, more loving and joyful. Paul and Barnabas were tired of the confusion and deaths but they knew that they had to keep on going and keep on doing the will of God. They never knew when their last breath was coming but when they had a breath they used it and never took it for granted.

God,
I thank you for the breath you give me. All the love and peace you pour upon my heart. You are the greatest and only God on this earth and nothing or no one can take your place. I thank you for your love in my heart because I know that no matter what I can go on knowing you are guiding me.
I love you Always
Amen

No comments: