Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, February 4, 2008

2/2/2008 Only With You

Exodus 33:15-16 33:15 Then Moses said to him, "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. 16 How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?"

Moses knew the importance of Gods presence with him. God was the very being of his existence. If Moses didn't have God, he had nothing. If God wasn't with Moses there would be no meaning and purpose of his life. He would be going around with nothing in his heart or on his plate. He would be going around with nothing in his heart or on his plate. He would wander around aimlessly trying to save these people and would've failed. God knew Moses' heart and was pleased that it was one after His own.

People see others surface while God is always in the heart. Which means I need to keep my heart real. Moses was real with God: insecure, weak, lonely. And wanted God to fill those voids and He told God I can't do this without you. He told God that He is nothing without Him and no one will listen to Him or pay attention without Gods presence. It's Gods presence that makes us stronger and more powerful it's Gods presence that puts us in a different position.

God,
Restore my heart because you're the only one that can do it. Help me to be that person that searches for you all the days of my life. I know my heart needs work and only you can do that. Only with you can I face my fears. Only with you I can go and do your will. Only with you will others listen to me and believe my surface because you are in the center.
I love you Always
Amen

No comments: