Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

1/30/08 Drive Thru

Acts 6:3-4 Brothers, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them 4and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word

When life is one way for so long it's hard to let go of what your involved in. The disciples were doing everything and they were tired. They wanted to put their focus on what Jesus had called them to do. When Jesus gives us a calling its not for something else, but for what He wants. When Jesus calls us its because He knows we're good at that thing or things. He knows We will do the best job and that we'll like it. He called fishermen to be fishers of men...He knew that those men were able and willing to find other men to do the work of Jesus.

These seven were no ordinary men. This is one of the reasons why we need good people around us because what if a day comes that we need to lean on others. If that day comes and all you have are flaky people around you, you'll fail in your mission. The mission in life is to do and obey Gods will and path for our lives. I know I have failed many times that will and path, but when times get hard and I fall I have to dust off the dirt and get back up again. That dirt can be lingering on us just waiting for it to be resurfaced but every time we take a shower the dirt is off forever. Thats just like sin, thats the dirt and when we go before God and ask for forgiveness thats our soap.

God is not a menu...I'd like an order of forgiveness with a side of mercy and supersize the compassion to go...NO, God wants us to take our time with Him and get out of the car instead of going in drive thru.

Father,
Listen to my heart and how it beats. Sometimes its off other times its on. Take those off beats and put them back in tune with you. I know I have failed many times and I feel alone, but I believe God that you are with me even if I don't feel or hear you. You see my heart and I trust that everything will be put in order because I have decided to follow you.
I love you Always
Amen

No comments: