Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Take me to that Place

Scripture
Luke 10:40-42 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" 41"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."

Observation
Martha and Mary were two different sisters. They both loved Jesus and obviously followed him, but had different things on their minds. Martha was a worker, wanted everything to be perfect, didnt want anyone to think she wasnt doing her work. She always wanted a good presentation especially when it came to herself and her home. Mary didn't care. Mary was care free and liberated to do what she wanted. I can only guess that because of the way they carried themselves that Mary was the youngest. Mary wanted more of Jesus and she didn't care if her home looked terrible or even if her heart and body looked terrible. She took advantage of every opportunity to be with Jesus because he wasn't always going to be around. Jesus was trying to explain to Martha that the only thing she needs to be prepared for was Him. She didnt have to cook, clean, or look proper, she just needed to be close to Jesus and Mary chose the best thing. And when we choose Jesus, it cant be taken away. Jesus said "and it will not be taken away from her".

Application
When Jesus comes into our hearts He will not be taken away from us. He will stay with us forever and never leave. No matter what I have done whether a year ago or yesterday, God will not leave. Sometimes this is the hardest thing to understand because I feel like I deserve God leaving me. I deserve every punishment when I sin. I get so down on myself and beat myself up when I sin, but I dont fully grasp Gods redemption and saving grace. I just want to go back to when i didnt sin and fix it. But I can't, no one can, No one can make you the person you once were before your sin , but you can be a new person after you ask for forgiveness. You have to show a difference in your attitude towards sin and push pass the wall that wants to overtake you. I have to be stronger and more powerful in this time and get rid of all the mold in my heart that will impede me to sin more.

Prayer
God,
I have sinned before you and I lay it all down. Father, forgive me for those sins and help me to be a different person. I know I always ask you for things, forgiveness, answers, love, but I don't want to be ashamed and feel bad for asking those things you told me to ask you for. I want your love all the time, I want your forgiveness everyday, I want the answers to follow your will accordingly. You know that I am not perfect and I choose not to be, not even close, but I know that you have a plan for me and I know that you will you help me complete that plan when the time comes. You are my God and Savior, save me from this wicked world and take me to that place of joy and peace. I thank you Lord, for you and for loving me all the time, unconditionally. You know me more than anyone else in the world and I thank you for never judging me and never hiding yourself from me.
I love you always, Amen

No comments: