Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, January 4, 2008

Covenant

Scripture
Genesis 9:12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.

Observation
God made a covenant with Noah to show him how real God was. Sometimes God made convenants with certain people to show them His power. And not only that one person but for the generations after. If we look outside after it rains, every single time there is a rainbow shining. This rainbow is a sign from God to us that He will never wipe out His people from a flood. This was a promise not only to Noah but to us as well today. God is still keeping His promise to us, by sending us water, but not flooding us because of it.

Application
God has kept His covenants to His people, but have we? Is my yes a yes? Or my no a no? Am I as stable and secure as God? Is my word good at all? These questions need to be asked because thats where God will know our heart, by how strong we stay convicted to Him and to ourselves. God made a promise to Noah and to future generations, and He has kept it for thousands even millions of years. Has every promise we made been kept?

Prayer
Lord,
My word has not been good. It has not been secure, solid, or even acceptable. I ask you God to change my heart and tongue. Make me into the person you want me to be. Make me into the creation you made 26 years ago. Father, I ask with your power create in me a new heart and renew a right spirit within me. I love you too much to disappoint you more than i already have.
I love you Always,
Amen

No comments: