Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Monday, January 28, 2008

He Is the One

Scripture
Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

Observation
Peter and John were uneducated fishermen going around the world healing and delivering people. Jesus was a man of education and grace, He had a way with people and with words. People drew to Him in droves, but Peter and John were two ordinary men doing the work of the Lord. When they went in front of the authorities they were nothing special in their eyes. They wanted to get rid of them because they were raising havoc. But when they opened their mouths and allowed the spirit speak for them, everyone started listening. They wanted more of what they had and didn't want to stop listenign and watching for what was to come next.

Application
There are so many people who feel they can't be used by God because they are nothing special. Because they do terrible things and haven't reached the goal that they want. They think God can't use them because of their past and present mistakes. This is something that haunts me daily. Why am I still here? Why haven't I been exposed for the person I really am? But then I think about Gods mercy and grace upon my life. Without that mercy, I would be no where. I would be in the pit of hell trying to get out. My life is not perfect, but I have something that some others don't, God. He is the one that lifts me up in the morning after a night of sin. He is the one that speaks through me even when my insides are burning from sin. He is the one that lifts me up when I just want to hide out in the dark. He is the One.

Prayer
Lord,
You are the most holy and graceful God. You are have given me everything I can ever hope for and dream. You have made me into a person of faith, and belief. You brought me to this place and time for a reason and I know that I have failed and fallen, and I ask you right now for your forgiveness. I can't do this alone and without you. My life is nothing without you and without your love and mercy. I need you to see my heart and know that i don't want to be the same anymore, ever. Clean me and wash me, renew me adn refresh me. Put a right spirit in me.
I love you Always
Amen.

No comments: