Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Now i get it!

Scripture
Luke 15:7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Observation
Back in Jesus' time the Pharisees were people who were just plain hypocrites. They found any reason to try and test Jesus. Anything He would do they would question it and try to make Him feel bad, or catch Him in breaking the law. All Jesus wanted was to give to the people, share with them, heal them, and be with them. Jesus wasn't self-righteous, He wasn't egotistical or hypocritical. He wanted to be with the people that needed Him. He wanted to share with them what He had in His heart no matter what their background was. He didn't judge them or reject them. The worst people were Jesus' friend, not because He forced them but because He loved them.

Application
Some people today have trouble accepting certain peoples lifestyles, which is why they avoid them all together. When Jesus told us to go out into the world and make disciples, He wasn't didn't label a certain type of person. He wanted us to go and make disciples of all kinds of people. He wants us to save every type of person, because Jesus made those people. Some people have lost their way and need that void to be filled and healed, and Jesus is the way to do it. God brought us here to reach out to everyone, homosexuals, sinners, murderers, rapists even. Some people have had trouble in their life, but God brought us in to work and help those who haven't helped themselves. I am here to reach out to the poor and needy, the beggars, the helpless, the widows and orphans. My disciples can fend for themselves cause they know better, they know the path. They know how to get to God but if there is someone who doesn't know and needs help, than I am to leave those who know for that one that doesn't know. I am to go and help the sinner repent instead of helping someone who already knows how to repent. Instead of reaching for the righteous I am to lend a hand to the unrighteous to show the love and mercy of God.

Prayer
God,
I didn't know what this parable meant until now. I understand what you are trying to say through this. You want me to not worry about those who are committed in you, but reach my hand for those who need help. The 99 know how to walk, talk, act, and pray. But that 1 is wandering around with no where to go. Father, I want to go for that 1 and save them for you. Use me for your glory and honor and help me find those "ones" that need your help, that need your direction, that need your forgiveness. And God, forgive me, have mercy on me so i can also show the power and authority in your name and grace. I thank you for my life everyday
I love you always
Amen

No comments: