Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Back to the Beginning

Scripture
Genesis 1:1-2 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Observation
God created everything for us. The heavens and the earth was made for us. The sea, the morning, the evening, the light, the darkness, the animals, the plants, the insects, were all made for us. For what than? So we can rule over them and take our place in this world. As human, we have the right to take our place in authority and ownership on this earth. God each gave us a place to take and as His children, we need to start taking it. In the beginning, God had to start somewhere. He started with nothing. Darkness is nothing, it is a vast hole just sitting there doing nothing. God gave the darkness a purpose, God gave everything a purpose, and the earth is to serve man. God took His time making the earth, which is the same as Him taking the time to make us. And not in the physical sense, but the spiritual sense. Every year something happens and we get to the end finishing off thinking "this was a great year" or "this was a bad year". And at the end God wants us to learn from that year He has given us because thats when our 7th year will come and we can rest as God did.

Application
God wants us all to go through life happy and joyful. He wants us to be the light of the earth. And if we're not the light than we are just the darkness. Holes in the earth doing nothing. The only way to be that light is to go back to the beginning. God back to where God called me and feel that joy again. Be proud of all my accomplishments again. Be holy again, take joy in Him again. Its ok for me to start over because even God had to start over after so many years...and He did it twice! The first time He started over after the flood, than the second time was with Jesus. He knew that He could make things better after so much time, and He did. So now, its time for me to start once again, after 18 years in the church, I'm going back to where I felt that joy, that happiness, that love that endured in my heart. I'm going back to that power and strength that I felt so strongly. And I'm going to encounter my God and what He wants for me, and not look back.

Prayer
God,
you have given me more reasons to live than anyone else in the world. You are truly my joy, my strength, and my love. I exalt you because I want to and because you deserve every single drop of praise. You are my worship, my adoration, my reason I wake up in the morning. I may not say it but its true. You are my everything, my beginning and my end. When I finish this race I will be with you because that is my lifes desire, to spend eternity in your presence and to always know you because you are the greatest thing in my life. I know you hold my life in your hands, because I want you to and I allow you...Thank you for free will that I can learn from my mistakes, and learn from your ever lasting love.
I love you Always,
Amen.

No comments: