Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Get Naked

Scripture
John 11:38-44 Jesus, once more deeply moved, came to the tomb. It was a cave with a stone laid across the entrance. 39"Take away the stone," he said. "But, Lord," said Martha, the sister of the dead man, "by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days."40Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" 41So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me." 43When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!" 44The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, "Take off the grave clothes and let him go."


Observation
Every time Jesus sees us dying He is moved and wants to do something about it. The stone in front of Lazarus' tomb represents sin. WIthout the stone taken away we are merely stuck inside a dark hole. Jesus can see that we are capable of getting out of the hole, but others see us rotting. They pray for sinners and believeing theyll rise again but they cant take us out of the hole. Only Jesus can command us out of the hole of death. Than when we come out we still have wraps on us which represent scars, memories, hard feelings, bitterness, shame, guilt. When Jesus said "take off the grave clothes and let him go" He was talking to satan to take off all that he bounded him with. Because with Christ he is new and free.

Application
We all sin, everyday. We make mistakes and are left with guilt, shame, bitterness, memories etc. But when we come before Jesus, He forgives us for those sins and wants us to take off the grave clothes. To walk as new creations to believe in life and not death. But first we have to move the stone in front of our hole of death and allow God to call us out.

Prayer
Lord,
With all your glory, strength, power, and authority move my stone. I want out of the hole of death and live in the light of who you are. God, take off my grave clothes with your mercy, grace, and forgiveness. Forgive me for sinning because I know its wrong and yet I still do it. I exalt you with my life. I follow you and want you all the days of my life. I raise you up with my prayers, with my voice, and with my heart. You are why I live, I breathe, i love. You are absolutely everything to me, never leave my side or else I'd be lost.
I love you Always, Amen.

No comments: