Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

12/7/07 "Put your clothes on!"

Scripture
Colossians 3:12-14 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Observation
When Paul says "clothe yourselves" with certain virtues, he isn't saying just put it on your head he is saying wear it like the clothes on your back. When your cold you put a jacket on with gratefulness - that's how those clothes need to be put on. Do that plus forgive one another. Why does he mention forgiveness separately? Because its more important than the others. When you forgive your showing that compassion, kindness, humility, and gentleness, and patience. Then comes love the biggest one of all. Love is bigger than all the virtues. Once you have love the rest is easy to attain.

Application
If I have love I can do all things. I can forgive, I can keep going forward in life. I can live longer with God. Love is the ultimate virtue. Everything else just falls into place. God wants things to go in a pyramid sense in our hearts. 1. Love
2. Forgiveness
3. All others
Once I have love, I have it all. It will become clear because God is love and once I have Him I have everything I need.

Prayer
My Love,
You hold my heart in your hands. You have my everything. Take care of me. Be there for me, love me, use me, have me. I am yours. I love you more than anything in this world. I would do anything for you. Keep me safe in your arms.
I love you Always, Amen.

No comments: