Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

12/5/07 "Its Never over"

Scripture
Ephesians 5:17 Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the Lords will is

Observation
We live in this life with constant distraction. Everything around us can take our mind off what God wants. Everyday things want to take our mind off the real goal but God still wants us to reach for the right things. There has to be an understanding of Gods will vs. our own will. Our will wants to move us to what we essentially want and keep us away from Gods ultimate plan. When we are foolish we become blind but if we have an understanding of Gods will than it'll be harder to stray away from it.

Application
Reading the Bible, praying, fasting are some of the things that help me understand the will of God but I have to keep on reaching for His will. Everyday is a struggle inside of me. I want to get up and pray and take that time but I don't. And I'm actually destroying my spirit life. No one is hurting it but me. So what I need to do is simple: Be stronger. Keep going for that understanding. Remain hungry and never think its over. With God, its never over.

Prayer
Father,
I never want it to be over. I never want to give up. Never want to surrender. You are the flag that keeps on blowing. The heart that keeps on pumping. You are my ever-lasting battery. You are my everything. All that I need and want is you because you make me whole. You created me and strengthen me . Keep doing it. Don't give up on me...Don't give up.
I love you Always, Amen.

No comments: