Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

12/2/07 Offer Sacrifices

Scripture
Romans 12:1 "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of Gods mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual asct of worship"

Observation
Many people worship God in the physical sense and even the mental sense, but forget the spiritual side. They think if they sing a song, say thanks, lift up their arms, dance, play an instrument thats all the worship they need to do. But God requires much more. He wants the spiritual side. The part where we raise our own selves as sacrifices for Him. The praying diligently, the fasting, the turning off the tv, hanging up the phone and just sit and listen to God part. Doing those things that arent so easy part. And to do it not because we want answers, or not even cause we love God, but because He gave us His mercy and is keeping us here on this earth for that purpose because He keeps us healthy and happy and because He shows us mercy everyday. This is our sacrifice to Him.

Application
I have to lay down my life and be that sacrifice. I worship in every sense but the spiritual. And thats when my life will take the extra step. Once I let go of my fear and worship God spiritually He will answer me spiritually. I'll hear His voice, feel His presence and live that devoted life.

Prayer
God,
I'm sorry for not doing and seeing this sooner. I know Im not perfect and you are which is why I need your help. Help to get up, to renew my mind, to strengthen my body, and to seek you more. I ask that you forgive me for not worshipping you spiritually. My body is yours forever, my mind and soul as well belongs to you. Make me into a new person filled with your power and authority.
I love you, Amen.

No comments: