Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

12/4/07 "Creep"

Scripture
Ephesians 4:22-24 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Observation
Everyone has an old self. Everyone has memories and scars from the past. Everyone has the devil trying to creep up adn make us do what we once did but are trying to get away from. The devil tries to capture everyone by attacking and deceiving and tricking us to go back and do what we liked doing. But what God is trying to teach us is that even though we have the devil trying to kill us, He is making us new and giving us a new way of life. A new way of thinking, a new way of loving, a new way of being ourselves. A way that is full of holines and righteousness, a way where we are not only holy and righteous before people but before God.

Application
Every teaching, no matter the topic is essentially about renewal. Pastors, teachers, apostles, evangelists, and prophets are all trying to get the message across of putting our new self on and being like our creator. They know the struggles but also know what God is capable of.

Prayer
Father,
I know what you are capable of. You have shown your power to me many times and don't stop showing me. Allow me to be that person that you created me to be. Help me to get to my full potential in every area you have gifted me with. Give me the outlets and strength to go out and reach the world for you. You are my head and my authority. Speak to me today and use me for your glory.
I love you, Amen.

No comments: