Melissa's Life Journal

I love God more than anything in this world. I am not perfect and mess up from time to time. Though my heart is true and He knows it.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

12/17/07 "Faith as Base"

Scripture
2 Peter 1:4-8 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. 5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Observation
Peter was not talking to people who had ever enduring faith. This piece was for those whose faith wanted to get stronger. With faith being the base: goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love will keep you in Gods presence and working for His glory without stopping.

Application
Once we feel unproductive and ineffective thats what we become. Thats what I am. My faith is floating in the air and its like I can't catch it. Its like my old strong self is gone. I can't find it. I feel stuck in a weak body with no way out. I feel choked and I hate feeling this way. I just want to go back of how it was. Breathing, freedom, peaceful.

Prayer
God,
I need your peace today. I am so far away and I know its not you making me feel stuck. Father, catch me in your arms. Catch me from falling so far down that I cant get up any longer. God, make me ready to fight this cold. I know its just a temporary feeling and you have made me a stronger person filled with your power and love. Thank you for always loving me with your grace and holiness. Only you are exalted so high and make the world go round.
I love you always, Amen.

No comments: